Roast Beetroot with Chilli and Red Onion Salad
Roast Beetroot with Chilli and Red Onion SaladServes/Makes: 2
- 3 medium beetroots, trimmed at top and bottom
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1 red onion, sliced into rings
- 1 scotch bonnet chili, finely diced
- 2 cloves
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- ½tsp garlic, finely chopped
- 3tsp olive oil
- 2tbsp balsamic vinegar
- black pepper, freshly ground
- good handful mixed salad leaves
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas mark 4.
- Parboil the beetroot, cloves and cinnamon sticks for 15 minutes in boiling salted water. (Both spices are fabulous with beetroot). Remove from the heat and leave to cool.
- When cool, peel and quarter the beetroot. Place in the oven for 10 minutes or until the beetroot is soft. Leave to cool.
- Combine the beetroot with the remaining ingredients, and serve.