Avocado SaladServes/Makes: 5
- 2 avocados
- 1 small head cos lettuce
- 1 bunch spring onions
- ½ cucumber
For the dressing
- 4tbsp juice
- 1tbsp Thai fish sauce
- 1 small fresh bird-eye chili, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1tbsp sugar
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
- 1tbsp fresh mint, chopped
- 4tbsp fresh coconut, coarsely shredded and toasted
- Tear (or roughly shred) the lettuce leaves, and place them in a large salad bowl. Do not cut them, or you will bruise them.
- Trim the spring onions and thinly slice them diagonally. Add them to the salad bowl.
- Using a vegetable peeler, shave thin slices along the length of the cucumber, and add to the salad bowl.
- Place all the ingredients for the dressing in a screw-top jar. Close the lid tightly, and shake vigorously until thoroughly mixed.
- Peel the avocados and slice them. Place the slices on the salad.
- Pour the dressing over the salad, and toss well to coat the leaves evenly. Sprinkle the coconut over the salad, and toss in lightly just before serving.