Raspberry Rum Smash
Raspberry Rum SmashServes/Makes: 4
- 50ml (1¾fl oz) dark rum
- 2tsp Chambord berry liqueur
- 30ml (1fl oz) fresh lemon juice
- 30 ml (1fl oz) fresh raspberry puree
- 20ml (¾fl oz) ice
- 1 handful fresh mint leaves for decoration
For the raspberry syrup
- 50g (1lb 10oz) fresh raspberries
- sugar syrup (see below)
- For the sugar syrup, use a ratio of 1:1 – e.g. 500g (1lb 2oz) sugar to 500ml (16fl oz) water. For a richer, stronger syrup, use a ratio of 2 sugar to 1 water, for a lighter syrup, use 1 sugar to 2 water.
- To make the raspberry syrup, simmer the raspberries with sugar syrup for 20 minutes. Leave to cool.
- Filter, decant into a clean bottle and store in the refrigerator.
- To make the rum smash, shake together all ingredients for 15 seconds.
- Double strain, and serve in a glass filled with crushed ice. Garnish with mint leaves