Grilled Snapper with Ginger
Grilled Snapper with GingerServes/Makes: 4
- 450g (1lb) snapper fillets (4-8 fillets, depending on size)
- 4 spring onions, trimmed and cut into thin strips
- fresh root ginger, 2½cm (1in) piece, peeled and coarsely grated
- 2tsp parsley, freshly chopped
- 1tsp soft brown sugar
- hot pepper sauce to taste
- 25g (1oz) butter, cut into small cubes
- black pepper, freshly ground
- Pre-heat the grill to a medium heat, and line the grill rack with a layer of foil.
- Mix the spring onion, ginger, parsley and sugar, with 1tbsp water.
- Dry the snapper fillets with kitchen paper, season them to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place each fillet on a separate square of foil 21cm x 21cm (8in x 8in). Spoon the spring onion mixture over the fish. Dot the butter over the fish. Loosely fold the foil over the fillets to enclose the fish in a parcel.
- Place the parcels under the preheated grill, and cook for 10 to 12 minutes or until the fish is cooked and the flesh has turned opaque.
- Place each parcel on a serving plate with freshly cooked vegetables